The Panel were delighted to attend and participate in the 2017 GAIMOps and GAIM Conference at the impressive Hilton Syon Park Hotel, London earlier on this week. The conference which took place over a 3-day period, with 2 main days (June 6th & 7th) brought together some of the world’s leading hedge fund, alternative investment and compliance professionals.
It is seen as one of the premier events for connecting global investment managers and investors. Offering ample time to network and learning from industry experts whilst listening to keynote speakers, panel discussions and more intimate workshop talks.
The first day of the conference kicked off with three panel discussions, covering:
- State of Affairs: Leading Managers and Investors take a look back and forward
- The sum is more than its parts: operations, compliance and portfolio management from the investor and manager perspective
- Brexit: Looking forward – 3 theories
These panels were followed by two excellent keynote presentations by:
- John Stilides (Principal, Trilogy Advisors LCC; U.S. State Department Consultant, Trilogy Advisors LLC) on the Trump presidency and American Leadership for the future.
- Alastair Campbell (Former spokesman for British Prime Minister Tony Blair / Writer, Communicator and Strategist) on the changes to the world, culturally, politically and economically.
During the afternoon participants could opt to follow various workshop tracks to suit their specialisation.
Our Joint Managing Partner Anne Keys were delighted to have been asked to participate in one of these panel discussions – The Benefits of an International Board: Board Dynamic, Regulatory Challenges & Distribution (GAIMOps – Track 2). This panel discussion was lead together with Nicola Meaden Grenham (IPAF –Ireland), Bridget Barker (IPAF – UK), Joanna Thompson de Colonges (Clerkenwell Capital) and Brian O’Callaghan (IPAF – Malta).
The three morning panels covered alternatives, regulations and cyber developments. Key note speakers of the day were Todd Newman and Matthew Todd (Hostage & Crisis Negotiator, Greater Manchester Police).
We were very happy to be at the 100 Women in Finance hosted lunch, led by Joanna Thompson de Colonges (Chair of 100Women in Finance Paris Location). She spoke of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
Click on the following links to learn more about the two conferences GAIM and GAIMOps.