On Tuesday 24th January, The Panel management team were delighted to attend the 2nd Financial Services Conference – the European Financial Forum (#EFF2017) at the Printworks Conference Centre, Dublin Castle. The event was organised by the Financial Times and in partnership with IDA Ireland.
The European Financial Forum was aims to bring together industry leaders, policy makers and experts across the market and offer a platform to discuss topics currently in the news. The event was attended by hundreds of Financial Services professionals and presented an impressive line-up of prominent Financial Services leaders and figureheads from Ireland, Europe, US and the Far East.
The day was a mixture of panel discussions, interviews and keynote speeches.
- Opportunities and Challenges in 2017
- The outlook and key macroeconomic, regulatory and business issues affecting financial services in Europe today
- AIIB’s key priorities for 2017, outlining how the bank is helping to connect Asia to Europe
- Economic Challenges, Global Risks and Opportunities: What Lies Ahead?
- Perspective from the China Investment Corporation (CIC)
- Disruptive innovations are reshaping the way financial services are structured, delivered and consumed
The event was opened up by Patrick Jenkins, Financial Editor, Financial Times, followed by an introduction and welcome speech by CEO of IDA Ireland, Martin Shanahan. Delegates were then introduced to the Minister of State for Financial Services, Eoghan Murphy, TD and given an address by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny, TD.
Key note speakers of the day: Noreen Doyle Noreen Doyle, Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and Lead Independent Director, Credit Suisse Group, Philipp Hildebrand, Vice Chairman, Blackrock and James Cowles, EMEA Chief Executive Officer, Citi …
Congratulations to the organisers for an excellent event.